What Is Collagen And How Can PDO Threads Help Stimulate Its Production
Did you know that your skin’s natural elasticity, youthfulness, and radiance come from essential structural proteins known as collagen and elastin?
Unfortunately, aging causes a natural decline in the production of collagen and elastin, leading to sagging skin, wrinkles, and creases that can make you look older than you are.
If you’re looking for a non-surgical option to improve the appearance of these signs of aging, a PDO thread lift might just be the right option for you.
Read on to know more about how it works.
What Is A PDO Thread Lift?
A PDO thread lift is a non-invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that involves passing medical-grade threads known as PDO threads under the skin. Besides providing an immediate lift, these thread lift procedures are great for stimulating collagen production -making your skin look and feel firmer than ever.
How Does It Stimulate Collagen Production?
A PDO thread lift can promote natural collagen production because they dissolve gradually and are absorbed by the skin within a period of 6 months. As they dissolve, they trigger a healing response that ultimately promotes collagen production.
Increasing levels of collagen can restore lost volume, making your skin look naturally plump and softening the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Benefits Of A PDO Thread Lift
A PDO thread lift can help reverse the signs of aging in multiple ways, such as:
- Adding a subtle and immediate lift to sagging skin- without surgery;
- Promoting natural collagen production to make skin look and feel firmer and smoother from within;
- Reducing the appearance of stubborn facial lines and wrinkles.
- Improving the appearance of a turkey neck and jowls.
What Sets A PDO Thread Lift Apart From A Traditional Face Lift?
Patients who are good candidates for a PDO thread lift often prefer it to a traditional facelift because:
- The threads used are naturally absorbed by the body and have virtually no risk of infection or rejection.
- Unlike surgery, there are no incisions or downtime required.
- The procedure itself is quick and can be completed in under an hour.
- Once they are in place, the threads cannot be seen from the outside and do not leave a scar.
How Soon Can I See The Results?
The subtle lifting effects of a PDO thread lift procedure can be seen almost immediately. However, the overall skin firming and rejuvenating effects usually kick in around 3 to 4 weeks when the sutures start to dissolve, enabling the skin to start producing collagen.
Better yet, the results will continue to improve each day for months as the threads continue to dissolve.
So, if you’re looking for a non-surgical, faster, and more effective treatment option to lift the skin and restore its youthful firmness, a PDO thread lift might help.
At Luxe Medical Aesthetics, our team of highly trained and certified aestheticians has helped many patients in Houston or Katy, TX address the common signs of aging in the safest and most effective way possible.
Book a consultation now.