Injectables have become a popular treatment choice for many who wish to maintain a youthful appearance or address specific skin concerns like frown lines between the eyebrows without going under the knife. Whether you’re considering Botox, Xeomin, or other FDA-approved injectables, it’s essential to understand what to expect during and after the procedure.
Keep reading to learn more about the usual injectable process, including helpful aftercare tips to ensure a smooth, successful experience.
What to Expect During the Procedure
Before the procedure, you and your provider will discuss your goals and expectations to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you. During the actual treatment, you can expect the following:
- Numbing. Your provider will likely apply numbing cream or use a cold pack to minimize any discomfort during the injections.
- Marking. Your provider may mark the injection sites on your skin to ensure proper placement.
- Injections. The injectable solution will be administered using a fine needle or cannula at the predetermined sites. You may feel a slight pinch or pressure as the needle enters the skin, but the process is typically quick and well-tolerated by most patients.
- Massaging. Your provider may gently massage the treated area to evenly distribute the product and reduce the risk of lumps or irregularities
Aftercare Routine For Optimal Results
- Avoid Touching. Resist the urge to touch or massage the treated area for at least six hours after the procedure. This will allow the injectable to settle properly and minimize the risk of infection.
- Stay Upright. For at least four hours after the treatment, avoid lying down or reclining, as this can cause the injectable to shift and create unwanted effects.
- Keep Cool. To reduce swelling, apply a cold pack or ice wrapped in a clean cloth to the treated area for 15 minutes at a time. Avoid direct contact between the ice and your skin to prevent frostbite.
- Avoid Heat. For the first 24 hours, steer clear of hot environments like saunas, steam rooms, and hot tubs, as well as activities that can raise your body temperature, such as vigorous exercise.
- Limit Alcohol. Refrain from drinking alcohol for at least 24 hours after the procedure, as it can increase the risk of bruising and swelling.
- Avoid exercise. It is best to wait 24-48 hours before going to the gym or performing physical exercise to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Sun Protection. Protect your skin from sun exposure by wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, even on cloudy days. This will help prevent any post-treatment pigmentation issues and protect your investment in your skin.
- Be Gentle. When cleansing your face or applying makeup, be gentle around the treated area for at least 24 hours to avoid disturbing the injectable.
- Follow Up. Schedule a follow-up appointment with your provider as recommended, usually within two weeks, to assess your results and make any necessary adjustments.
- Be Patient. Remember that it may take up to two weeks for the full effects of the injectable to become visible. In the meantime, be patient and give your body time to adjust to the treatment.
Injectables like Xeomin can provide a safe, effective, and minimally invasive way to achieve a more youthful appearance or address moderate to severe frown lines.
So if you’re ready to boost your confidence and look and feel your best, call us now and book your appointment at Luxe Medical Aesthetics in Katy, TX, and let us help you achieve the beautiful, healthy skin you want and deserve!